Grilled Chicken With Speedy BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat grill.
2. Warm the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and green pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring, until softened. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cook for 3 minutes to warm through and blend flavors, stirring often.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Combine the chicken and 1 cup of the sauce in a large zip-top plastic bag; flip to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard remaining marinade and bag. Place the chicken on an oiled grill over medium-hot coals; cook 12 minutes, turning once. Serve chicken with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Andrea's wine pick: All you need for zesty barbecue is an equally zesty, spicy red blend of grenache, syrah, and mourvédre. Look for Rosemount Estate Epicurean Collection GSM from Australia, $24.99.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast with 1/4 cup sauce)
|Calories per serving:||191|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||78mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||366mg|
|Calcium per serving:||22mg|