Melon Salad With Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
- 1 ounce prosciutto, thinly sliced and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 cups melon balls (combination of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe)
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 cups arugula leaves, cleaned and dried
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (preferably sea salt)
1. Heat prosciutto strips in a non-stick pan over medium heat; cook 3-5 minutes, until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
2. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, shallots, honey, and mustard. Gently toss melon balls, onion, pine nuts, and basil with the dressing. Mound the arugula onto 6 plates and top with melon mixture.
3. Crumble the goat cheese and scatter the prosciutto on top. Finish with pepper and salt.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: The combination of the sweet melon and salty prosciutto makes eating this salad a divine experience. Don't forget to top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||168|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||307mg|
|Calcium per serving:||68mg|