Olive-Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette (about 4 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup mild goat cheese, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.
3. Arrange bread on a baking sheet; bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove toast slices from oven, and cool 2 minutes.
4. Rub both sides of each toast slice with garlic clove. Spread goat cheese thinly on 1 side of each toast, and top with the olive mixture.
Prep: 45 minutes (includes 10 minutes for toasting bread).
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2 bruschetta)
|Calories per serving:||61|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||9g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||2mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||159mg|
|Calcium per serving:||25mg|