- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, garlic, chiles, and tomatoes. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Set aside.
Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in salt.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture and about 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese down center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange filled tortillas in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour milk mixture over tortillas, and top evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven.
Broil casserole for 3 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
Add a dash of cumin or paprika to the onions, if you'd like. You can also use purchased rotisserie chicken to cut down on the prep time.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 enchilada and about 1/3 cup sauce)
|Calories per serving:||419|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||28%|
|Fat per serving:||13.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Protein per serving:||33.2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||41.8g|
|Fiber per serving:||4.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||79mg|
|Iron per serving:||2.1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||726mg|
|Calcium per serving:||474mg|