Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh whole-grain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Place mushroom caps, gill sides up, on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil and vinegar, and season with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake until caps are just tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine tomato, olives, breadcrumbs, cheese, and chives in a medium bowl. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Divide tomato mixture evenly (about 1/2 cup per mushroom) among portobello caps. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and mushrooms are tender. Serve hot.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 mushroom)
|Calories per serving:||189|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||16mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||457mg|
|Calcium per serving:||111mg|
Good to Know
Mushrooms are rich protein, potassium, and folate. See Health's stuffed tomato recipe for another tasty alternative.