Fusilli With Scallops and Peas
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups (6 ounces) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 12 ounces uncooked fusilli or rotini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sea scallops (halved if large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 ounce block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Boil water in stockpot. Add peas; cook 3 minutes. Remove; add pasta to boiling water and cook according to directions.
2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sear 1 minute per side and remove. Add peas and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 1 minute. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in broth, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat; return scallops to mixture.
3. Drain pasta; return to pot. Add scallop mixture and basil, and toss. Serve hot.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Andrea's wine pick: The tender pear fruit and slight licorice note of an Oregon pinot gris will bring out the sweetness of the scallops and peas, and the aromatics of the basil. Look for WillaKenzie Estate Pinot Gris, $18.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||497|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||33g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||73g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||49mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||330mg|
|Calcium per serving:||89mg|