Baked Citrus Custards With Raspberry Sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- Cooking spray
- Raspberry sauce:
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Place first 7 ingredients (through milk) in a large bowl, and whisk until smooth. Pour into six 4-ounce ramekins coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack to lukewarm.
4. Meanwhile, combine the frozen raspberries, brown sugar, and water in a blender; puree. Cover and chill until custard is ready.
5. Serve custard with raspberry sauce.
Egg custards are an easy and relatively healthy dessert. Drizzle these custards with a homemade raspberry sauce for an extra flavor punch.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 custard and about 1/4 cup raspberry sauce)
|Calories per serving:||240|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||7g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||43g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||147mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||102mg|
|Calcium per serving:||116mg|