Linguine Frittata With Greens
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 3 large eggs, or equivalent egg substitute
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked linguine (about 4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped collard greens, thawed and with water squeezed out
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Coat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray, and melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add leek, and sauté 4 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, Parmesan, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in linguine, collards, and reserved leek.
3. Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over low heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cover and cook 10 minutes or until the top is set. Meanwhile, heat broiler.
4. Sprinkle frittata with mozzarella, and broil 3 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 of frittata)
|Calories per serving:||330|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||32g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||181mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||500mg|
|Calcium per serving:||421mg|