- Calories per serving 196
- Fat per serving 3g
- Saturated fat per serving 1g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving 0.0g
- Protein per serving 13g
- Carbohydrate per serving 30g
- Fiber per serving 7g
- Cholesterol per serving 0.0mg
- Iron per serving 3mg
- Sodium per serving 129mg
- Calcium per serving 25mg
How to Make It
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion; sauté 5 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Stir in the water, lentils, coconut milk, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
Remove and discard the bay leaf. Then stir in salt and pepper.