- 6 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, slit lengthwise, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1-2 limes, juiced (1/4 cup juice)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your fingers, allowing some chunks to remain. Taste and adjust seasonings as you prefer.
2. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap, which should be flush with guacamole to keep air out and prevent browning, for up to 1 hour prior to serving. Just before serving, remove the wrap and serve with tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: It's easier than you think to prepare authentic guacamole in the comfort of your own home. Serve with tortilla chips for a classic Mexican appetizer.
- Yield: Makes 16 servings (serving size: 4 tablespoons)
|Calories per serving:||125|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||8g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||95mg|
|Calcium per serving:||15mg|