Asian Pasta Salad
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 1 (8-ounce) package Chinese noodles, crumbled (such as ka-me)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (10-ounce) package angel hair slaw
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add almonds, sunflower seed kernels, and noodles to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently.
Combine vinegar, broth, sugar, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Combine toasted noodle mixture, green onions, and slaw in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture, tossing well to combine. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Use any combination of nuts and seeds. This salad would also be good with sliced bell pepper or shiitake mushrooms. Serve as an accompaniment to pepper steak or pork chops glazed with hoisin sauce. Look for the wheat noodles labeled as plain for this salad.
- Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||130|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||28%|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||20.9g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||165mg|
|Calcium per serving:||12mg|