Prosciutto-Wrapped Basil Shrimp
- 20 large frozen peeled deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 (about 4 ounces) very thin slices prosciutto
- Cooking spray
- 8 lemon wedges, for serving
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, basil, olive oil, zest, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
3. Lay the prosciutto slices on a large work surface, and cut prosciutto in half lengthwise so you have 20 pieces. Wrap the prosciutto around each shrimp, leaving the tail hanging out, and thread on an 8-inch skewer. Repeat with remaining shrimp for a total of 4 skewers with 5 shrimp each.
4. Place the skewers on a broiling pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Broil the shrimp 2 minutes on each side. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Try this shrimp wrapped in prosciutto with fresh herbs and spices. Each serving is only 99 calories and is packed with flavor!
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 5 shrimp)
|Calories per serving:||99|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||0.0g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||79mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||747mg|
|Calcium per serving:||13mg|