Shrimp Ceviche Salad
- 2 limes, juiced (reserve rinds)
- 1 pound frozen peeled deveined medium-large shrimp, not thawed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pickled jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
1. Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add lime rinds to the boiling water. Add the frozen shrimp and salt, and let the water return just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Drain and discard lime rinds. Rinse shrimp with cold water, and remove tails.
2. In a large bowl, combine lime juice, jicama, cilantro, scallions, jalapeño, and garlic. Add shrimp and black pepper. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature, or refrigerate up to 4 hours until ready to serve.
3. Line 4 plates with romaine lettuce leaves. Divide the salad among the plates and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This easy salad features shrimp, pickled jalapenos, and chopped jicama.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||141|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||24g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||221mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||470mg|
|Calcium per serving:||64mg|