Quick Chicken Parmesan
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup preshredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
1. Place chicken breasts flat sides down on a sheet of plastic wrap. Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Using a small saucepan or rolling pin, lightly pound breasts to about 1/3-inch thickness. Pat breasts dry with paper towel.
2. In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano. In another bowl, lightly beat egg and salt. Brush both sides of chicken breasts with egg, then lightly coat with crumb mixture.
3. Warm oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add chicken and cook about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top of chicken breasts in last minute of cooking. Transfer breasts to serving plates.
4. Meanwhile, warm marinara sauce in microwave or small saucepan for 1-2 minutes. Spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce over each breast. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and 2 tablespoons sauce)
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes. We've streamlined this family favorite so you can get it on the table in less than 30 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||332|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||36g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||11g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||133mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||441mg|
|Calcium per serving:||316mg|