Cod With Pine Nut Brown Butter and Garlicky Spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 cod or sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- Lemon wedges
1. Melt butter in large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add nuts and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and stir; cook 1 minute or until nuts are golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Season fish with salt and pepper. Add 2 teaspoons oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2 minutes per side, until it flakes. Transfer to platter; place nuts on top of fish. Tent with foil to keep warm.
3. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Warm remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and spinach; cook 5 minutes, stirring until spinach wilts. Add remaining lemon juice; cook 1 minute to blend flavors. Place spinach on serving platter; top with fillets. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Browning the nuts in a small amount of butter adds a rich flavor to this quick dish.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/3 cup spinach)
|Calories per serving:||239|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||8g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||61mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||329mg|
|Calcium per serving:||160mg|