Apple-and-Gorgonzola Salad With Maple Dressing
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups bagged prewashed European mixed salad greens
- 2 large sliced Red Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1. Combine first 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
2. Combine greens and apple in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle salad with Gorgonzola cheese and pecans.
- Prep Time: Light and refreshing, this easy apple-and-gorgonzola salad is a terrific mix of sweet, tart, salty, and savory flavors.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
|Calories per serving:||179|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||10mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||162mg|
|Calcium per serving:||107mg|
Good to Know
Rich maple dressing makes this salad the perfect fall dish. Plus, one serving contains only 2 grams of saturated fat, compared to as much as 8.