Ginger Spice Cake
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. With an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter on medium until well blended. Add syrup, juice, egg, and zest; beat well, and set aside.
3. Combine flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl; add the dry mixture to the syrup mixture, stirring until well blended.
4. Pour batter into 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean from center. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Upgrade your traditional spice cake recipe by adding a hit of ground ginger. It's a subtle change, but one you'll love.
- Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1/9 of cake)
|Calories per serving:||215|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||39g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||37mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||232mg|
|Calcium per serving:||34mg|