- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Bring orange juice, wine, and maple syrup to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Coat large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Sauté chicken over medium heat until lightly browned (about 5 minutes per side).
3. Pour orange-maple mixture over chicken. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until chicken is done, about 10 minutes. Spoon glaze over chicken and serve.
Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 28 minutes. Moosewood Hollow's Sweet Autumn Maple Syrup ($12 for a 7-fluid-ounce bottle at www.moosewoodhollow.com) is perfect in this recipe.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast)
|Calories per serving:||278|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||32g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||209mg|
|Calcium per serving:||47mg|