Quick Pasta e Fagioli With Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and partially mashed
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup ditalini (very short tube-shaped macaroni)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in pepper and next 3 ingredients (through broth); bring to a boil.
3. Add tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Add pasta; cook 7 minutes or until done. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Andrea's wine pick: The bold flavors of capers, tomato, and rosemary demand a wine with vivid acidity and savory-fruity flavors. Santa Christina Sangiovese from Italy ($10.99) does the job well.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||315|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||46g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||512mg|
|Calcium per serving:||127mg|