Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding With Raspberry Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed multigrain bread
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and/or mint sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; stir well. Add eggs, egg whites, vanilla, and salt; stir well. Gradually stir in milk. Add the bread cubes and chocolate; stir well and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
3. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until puffed and set in center. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
4. While pudding bakes, puree thawed raspberries with their syrup in a food processor. Transfer mixture to a strainer placed over a bowl. Press on solids with a wooden spoon; discard seeds. Reserve sauce. Spoon 1/8 of pudding into dessert bowls or glasses. Serve with raspberry sauce. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/8 of bread pudding and 2 tablespoons sauce)
|Calories per serving:||301|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||57g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||56mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||308mg|
|Calcium per serving:||131mg|