Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed multigrain bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl; stir well. Add egg, egg white, vanilla, and salt; stir well. Gradually stir in milk. Add the bread cubes; stir well and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to 4 (8-ounce) custard cups or small ramekins coated with cooking spray.
3. Place cups on a baking sheet; bake for 35 minutes or until puffed. Transfer cups to small dessert plates; let stand at least 10 minutes (puddings will settle upon cooling). Dust puddings with powdered sugar; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This low-fat bread pudding recipe is made with whole-grain bread and low-fat milk and flavored with cinnamon and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pudding)
|Calories per serving:||240|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||46g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||56mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||304mg|
|Calcium per serving:||116mg|