Pear, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto Crostini
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 7 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
- 24 thin slices French bread baguette, lightly toasted, or 24 crisp croissant crackers (such as Carr's, available nationwide)
- 3 thin slices prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe but firm Bartlett or Comice pears, cored and cut into 12 wedges
1. Combine cheese and milk to form a spreadable (but not wet) consistency. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the mixture evenly over each baguette slice.
2. Cook prosciutto in a nonstick skillet, stirring frequently over medium heat until crisp (about 5 minutes). Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
3. Place 1 pear wedge on each baguette slice; arrange attractively on a serving platter. Sprinkle prosciutto over appetizers.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This crostini is an amazing appetizer because it seems fancy but is so simple to make. The flavors of goat cheese, pear and prosciutto work together perfectly.
- Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 crostini)
|Calories per serving:||181|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||7g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||33g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||448mg|
|Calcium per serving:||20mg|