Parmesan-and-Chive Potato Gratin
- 3 pounds cubed, unpeeled red potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onions
1. Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife (about 20 minutes). Drain; return to pot over low heat.
2. Add milk, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Transfer potatoes to a shallow 1 1/2-quart ovenproof casserole or baking dish. Combine cheese, breadcrumbs, and chives; sprinkle over potatoes. Broil 4-5 inches from heat source until cheese melts and starts to brown (3-4 minutes).
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||233|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||32g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||22mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||377mg|
|Calcium per serving:||178mg|