Roast Beef Tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper; coat beef tenderloin with mixture. Heat a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 2 minutes on 1 side until browned. Turn beef over.
3. Transfer skillet to oven; bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125°. Transfer beef to a carving board; tent with foil, and let stand 10 minutes (internal temperature will rise to 130° for medium-rare).
4. Cut beef crosswise into 8 slices; transfer to serving plates.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Season beef tenderloin with garlic and thyme before roasting for optimal flavor.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 slices beef)
|Calories per serving:||246|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||97mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||198mg|
|Calcium per serving:||31mg|