Rosemary Garlic Roast Chicken With Pecan Cranberry Chutney
- 2 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) whole chickens, raw with skin
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup bottled cranberry chutney (such as Crosse & Blackwell, www.crosseandblackwell.com) or cranberry relish
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Rinse chickens with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Place chickens, breast sides up, on a rack in a large shallow foil-lined roasting pan or broiler pan. Starting at neck cavity of chicken, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers between skin and meat and pushing gently. Combine the mustard, garlic, and rosemary; rub evenly under loosened skin, and rub over breast and drumsticks of each chicken.
3. Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until internal temperature of thigh is 175°. Transfer chickens to a carving board; let stand 5-10 minutes (temperature will rise to 180°).
4. Combine chutney and pecans in a small bowl. Carve the chickens; transfer to serving plates. Serve with chutney mixture.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Serve rosemary and garlic rubbed chicken with a pecan cranberry chutney and toast to the holidays.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: one-quarter chicken, skin removed, and 2 tablespoons chutney)
|Calories per serving:||430|
|Fat per serving:||17g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||52g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||155mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||488mg|
|Calcium per serving:||128mg|