Rosemary Garlic Roast Chicken
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) whole chicken, raw with skin
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with a paper towel. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan or broiler pan. Starting at neck cavity of chicken, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers between skin and meat and pushing gently. Combine mustard, garlic, and rosemary; rub under loosened skin, and rub over breast and drumsticks.
3. Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until internal temperature of thigh is 175°. Transfer the chicken to a carving board; let stand 5-10 minutes (temperature will rise to 180°). Carve chicken; transfer to serving plates.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: A simple rub of garlic, mustard, and rosemary coats chicken before roasting for an elegant, classic entree.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: one-quarter cooked chicken, skin removed)
|Calories per serving:||355|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||51g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||2g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||155mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||473mg|
|Calcium per serving:||46mg|