Warm Spinach-Artichoke Dip
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can lima (or butter) beans, drained
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 ounces tub-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 8 ingredients (through mustard) in a food processor, and process until smooth (about 15-20 seconds).
3. Add remaining ingredients; pulse 5 times, then process until mixture is consistent throughout (about 10 seconds). With a rubber spatula, transfer mixture evenly to a 1-quart casserole dish, smoothing top.
4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly at the edges. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes.
- Yield: 32 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||59|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||183mg|
|Calcium per serving:||53mg|
Good to Know
A sneaky, low-cal way to get your family to eat iron-rich spinach and beans!