Potluck Potato Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onion
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed (such as Ore-Ida)
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup (such as Campbell's Healthy Request)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; spread evenly into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cornflakes over potato mixture.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
The crunchy topping on this side-dish casserole gives way to a cheesy interior, resulting in a comfort food winner. A bonus with this dish is that you can make the casserole ahead--assemble and refrigerate it until time to bake. Sprinkle the cornflakes over the casserole just before baking.
- Yield: 10 servings
|Calories per serving:||194|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||30%|
|Fat per serving:||6.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||7.9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||27.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||21mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||283mg|
|Calcium per serving:||166mg|