Rachel's Special Occasion Lasagna
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked lasagna noodles (about 9 noodles)
- 1 1/3 cups (6 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (6 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free pasta sauce, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350Â°.
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, and ricotta cheese in a large bowl; stir to blend well. Stir in Parmesan and next 8 ingredients (through egg).
Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over pasta sauce; top with half of cheese mixture and one third of remaining pasta sauce. Repeat layers once, ending with noodles. Spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles.
Bake at 350Â° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella; bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings
You can make this dish ahead--just cover and refrigerate or freeze after you've spread the final layer of marinara sauce. Serve with a salad and breadsticks to round out the meal.
|Calories per serving:||284|
|Calories per serving:||28%|
|Fat per serving:||8.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||15.7g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||34.2g|
|Fiber per serving:||3.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||53mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.9mg|
|Sodium per serving:||657mg|
|Calcium per serving:||179mg|