Simple Sherry Gravy
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove turkey trimmings (giblets, gizzard, neck, etc.). Scrape brown bits off bottom of roasting pan, and pour drippings into a medium saucepan.
2. Add sherry to saucepan, and cook over high heat until liquid has reduced by about half (about 5 minutes).
3. Combine flour and broth in small bowl, stirring with whisk; add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add butter, if desired; when it melts, add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes. Note: Be careful when heating sherry; it will cause the gravy to flame up.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||150|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||17g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||45mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||115mg|
|Calcium per serving:||14mg|