Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Maple Butter
- 8 small sweet potatoes
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Wash potatoes, and push a thin-bladed knife into the center of each 2-3 times. Place in a foil-lined pan, and roast until tender (about 1 hour).
3. Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted. Add syrup, and cook until bubbly and sticky-looking. Keep warm.
4. Split each potato (use a fork for a homier appearance), drizzle with maple butter, and sprinkle with salt.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 60 minutes. If you don't have enough room in your oven for sweet potatoes while roasting the turkey, cook them in advance and reheat while the turkey is resting.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 potato and about 1 tablespoon maple butter)
|Calories per serving:||155|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||31g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||81mg|
|Calcium per serving:||32mg|