- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; set aside.
3. Combine flour, salt, oregano, and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside.
4. Beat eggs with a whisk until frothy (about 1 minute); add milk, cheeses, onion, and garlic. Add spinach and olives, stirring mixture well with a fork. Using a rubber spatula, fold the reserved dry ingredients into the spinach mixture. Transfer to prepared pie dish, and smooth top.
5. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until the filling is slightly puffed, lightly browned around the edges, and set in the center. Remove from oven, and cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This meatless entrée delivers the taste of the traditional Greek spinach pie without the hassle of phyllo dough.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
|Calories per serving:||183|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||125mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||483mg|
|Calcium per serving:||338mg|