Spaghetti Squash With Chicken, Broccoli, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Pierce spaghetti squash 7 or 8 times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 375° for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Cool. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Scrape inside of squash with a fork to remove spaghetti-like strands. Keep warm.
3. While squash bakes, combine sun-dried tomatoes and 1 cup hot water in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Chop the tomatoes.
4. Steam broccoli, covered, for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse broccoli with cold water; drain and set aside.
5. Combine squash, tomatoes, broccoli, and remaining ingredients; toss gently.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: The squash in this recipe has to bake for an hour and a half, but don't let that stop you! Preparing this healthy dish is simple and worth the wait.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||233|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||37mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||493mg|
|Calcium per serving:||110mg|