Spicy Noodles With Pork
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked linguine
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (about 6) chopped green onions
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions (optional garnish)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
2. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and dredge in cornstarch. Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and sauté 8 minutes or until browned on all sides.
3. Combine pasta, pork, bell pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
4. To prepare sauce, combine chicken broth, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and next 6 ingredients (through crushed red pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour over pasta and pork mixture, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Why order takeout when you can easily make it at home? Try this tasty recipe for Spicy Noodles with Pork. Before serving, sprinkle noodles with sesame seeds and green onions for the ultimate restaurant-quality meal.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||546|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||38g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||58g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||75mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||338mg|
|Calcium per serving:||32mg|