Harvest Chicken With Vegetables
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) diced (1/2-inch) summer squash
- 3/4 cup (1/2-inch-thick) slices onion
- 3/4 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine first 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl and set aside. Coat chicken with breadcrumbs.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove to a plate. Add squash, onion, and bell pepper to pan; reduce to medium heat and cook 6 minutes (until squash is lightly browned). Stir occasionally. Return chicken to pan.
3. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: This delicious one-dish meal is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. We love the sauce so much that you might want to add instant rice on the side to catch any extra juices.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and about 3/4 cup vegetable mixture)
|Calories per serving:||258|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||32g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||78mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||530mg|
|Calcium per serving:||72mg|