Mixed Greens With Roasted Figs and Pistachios
- 9 fresh (or dried) figs
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cup (1 1/2 14-ounce bags) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup shelled dry-roasted pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Toss figs with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
3. Roast until figs are tender, about 10 minutes. Cool. Cut the figs in half lengthwise.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper together. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, figs, pistachios, and dressing.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Roasting the fresh figs intensifies the flavor and makes them tender but you can use dried figs in a pinch. Top mixed greens with a sprinkle of roasted pistachios.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup; each person should get 3 fig halves)
|Calories per serving:||244|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||11g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||72mg|
|Calcium per serving:||97mg|