Smoky Chicken Fingers With Honey-Mustard Dip
- Smoky Chicken Fingers:
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon barbecue smoked seasoning (such as Hickory Liquid Smoke)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- Honey-Mustard Dip:
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Mix with a fork to combine. In a separate shallow dish, combine milk and liquid smoke. In a third shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, oats, and garlic seasoning.
3. Dip chicken into flour, and turn to coat both sides; shake off any excess flour. Transfer chicken to milk mixture and turn to coat. Transfer to the breadcrumb-oat mixture, and turn chicken to coat. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet, and spray tops of strips with cooking spray.
4. Bake 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and crust is browned.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together mustard and honey.
Prepare these garlic-spiked nuggets and the dip up to 24 hours in advance, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 4 ounces chicken, 1 tablespoon dip)
|Calories per serving:||190|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||25g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||291mg|
|Calcium per serving:||35mg|