- 2 medium (about 12 ounces) green zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium (about 12 ounces) yellow zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
1. Arrange zucchini on a baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, turning zucchini several times to coat both sides with oil. Sprinkle on both sides with garlic, oregano, mint, salt, and red and black peppers.
2. Set up your grill for direct grilling, and preheat to high. If you'll be using a vegetable grate, preheat it as well.
3. Arrange zucchini on grill or grate, and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to a platter, and arrange in an attractive pattern. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over zucchini; garnish with lemon wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes. If you can't find yellow zucchini at the grocery store, you can order it from a specialty-produce purveyor (like Frieda's, www.friedas.com) or use yellow squash.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||88|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||107mg|
|Calcium per serving:||30mg|