- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (1/4 cup) medium shallot, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons bottled salsa
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional salsa (optional)
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook until soft, stirring well. Add spinach; sauté until wilted (2 minutes), stirring well. Transfer to bowl; stir in ricotta and 3 tablespoons salsa.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Combine eggs, egg whites, and water in a bowl. Whisk until well-blended. Add salt and pepper; whisk 5 seconds.
3. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook 10 seconds or until edges are set. Pull in cooked edges using a spatula; tip pan and rotate until there is just a little uncooked egg in the middle (about 5 minutes).
4. Add spinach mixture evenly to top of omelet; sprinkle with cheese. Cook 20 seconds; remove from heat. Run spatula around omelet edges. Fold omelet in half, and let slide onto serving platter. Serve immediately with additional salsa, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Try this healthy spinach-ricotta omelet for breakfast or brunch. You can feel good because not only does it taste great but it is nutritious as well.
- Yield: 3 servings (serving size: 1/3 cup)
|Calories per serving:||195|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||221mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||438mg|
|Calcium per serving:||185mg|