Parchment-Baked Halibut With Pesto, Zucchini, and Carrots
- 4 (12- x 18-inch) sheets parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/4 cup commercial pesto
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 small)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dry white wine
Watch the video: How to Make Parchment-Baked Halibut With Pesto
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Follow directions for heart-shaped parchment package below.
2. Unfold parchment heart, and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a 2-inch border ungreased at edge.
3. Place fillet on one side so that it touches the fold, but not the ungreased border. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over fillet; top with 1/4 cup carrot and 1/4 cup zucchini. Sprinkle with one-fourth of salt and pepper. Drizzle fillet with 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon wine.
4. Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Repeat with the remaining parchment paper, fish, and vegetables.
5. Place packets on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. To serve, open packets and transfer the fillets with their vegetable topping to plates; pour juices over top. Or serve right in packets; carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 0g.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: In place of halibut, you can use other small, flat, white fish fillets, such as red snapper, sea bass, pompano, striped bass, or cod.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 parchment packet)
|Calories per serving:||253|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||36g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||56mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||337mg|
|Calcium per serving:||112mg|