Quinoa: Ginger-Pecan Muffins
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups reduced-fat Bisquick
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Rinse quinoa (to remove any bitterness). Combine 1 cup water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork, and set aside.
3. Combine Bisquick and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk, molasses, and egg in a separate bowl, stirring well. Add milk mixture, quinoa, and apricots to dry ingredients; stir just until moist.
4. Spoon batter into two 12-cup muffin pans coated with cooking spray (leave two cups empty in each pan), filling cups half full. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Remove from pans immediately; cool.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Quinoa is the secret to these fiber-rich, flavor-packed muffins—perfect for a snack or grab-and-go breakfast.
- Yield: 20 muffins
|Calories per serving:||118|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||20g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||176mg|
|Calcium per serving:||44mg|