Spicy Chicken with Poblano Peppers and Cheese
- 4 poblano chiles, halved and seeded
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup bottled salsa
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup crushed baked tortilla chips, divided
Place poblano chile halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet, and flatten with hand. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and discard skins.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
Combine chicken and next 11 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl; stir in salsa, stirring until well combined.
Place poblano peppers, cut sides up, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top evenly with 1/4 cup chips. Spoon the chicken mixture evenly over chips; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chips. Lightly coat chips with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and casserole is heated through.
This healthy Mexican-style chicken casserole features chopped cooked chicken, poblano chiles, zucchini, corn, bottled salsa, and crushed tortilla chips and is a great choice for weeknight dinners.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 chile halves)
|Calories per serving:||331|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||30%|
|Fat per serving:||11.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||32.4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25.2g|
|Fiber per serving:||4.2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||80mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||688mg|
|Calcium per serving:||256mg|