Grilled Basil Halibut
- 1/4 cup reduced fat vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut, red snapper, or sea bass fillets
- 1 cup diced yellow tomato or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced ripe avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Combine dressing and basil in a medium bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of dressing mixture; spoon over fish. Grill fish 8 minutes or until opaque in center, turning after 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. While fish cooks, add tomato and avocado to dressing mixture in bowl; toss well. Spoon mixture over grilled fish. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fish fillet and 1/3 cup tomato mixture).
If you don't have a grill, broil the fish 4â€“5 inches from heat for 6â€“8 minutes (without turning) or until opaque in center.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/3 cup sauce)
|Calories per serving:||286|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||37g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||54mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||293mg|
|Calcium per serving:||92mg|