Double Apple Crumble
- 5 cups sliced peeled apples, such as Braeburn (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup regular oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine apples and apple butter; arrange in 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray, pressing down lightly to compact.
3. Combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl; cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This apple dessert recipe gets double apple flavor from crisp Braeburn apples plus apple butter and features a buttery topping of oats and cinnamon.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||251|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||40g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||15mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||29mg|
|Calcium per serving:||30mg|