ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole-grain bread with flaxseed, toasted
- 4 large leaves romaine or Boston lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 sliced peeled avocado
- 12 very thin slices cucumber
- 4 (.77-ounce) slices reduced-fat, reduced-sodium Swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
1. Spread mayonnaise on the 8 slices of bread.
2. Layer 4 slices with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice avocado, 3 slices cucumber, and 1 slice cheese; top with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally.
- Prep Time: These easy sandwich stackers feature layers of sliced avocado, sliced tomato, lettuce, sliced cucumbers, and Swiss cheese. They're perfect for a summer supper.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||305|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||12g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||32g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||20mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||359mg|
|Calcium per serving:||230mg|