Italian Sausage and Spinach Lasagna
- 6 whole wheat uncooked lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces hot or mild turkey Italian sausage
- 1 (26-ounce) jar no-salt-added spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (15-ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, but do not rinse. Arrange noodles in a single layer on wax paper to prevent sticking.
3. Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well; return to pan. Add spaghetti sauce and carrot; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
4. Spoon 3/4 cup sauce mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce. Combine ricotta cheese, salt, 1/2 cup hot water, spinach, and basil in a large bowl; spoon half of mixture over noodles. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup sauce mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ricotta mixture, 3 noodles, and remaining sauce mixture. Cover dish with foil; bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella, and bake 30 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Feed your family this fantastic italian sausage and spinach lasagna dish for an easy weeknight meal.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/8 of lasagna)
|Calories per serving:||354|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||35mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||439mg|
|Calcium per serving:||384mg|