Grilled Chicken Salad With Avocado and Mango
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup diced peeled mango
- 3/4 cup diced peeled avocado
1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine oil, juice, chutney, soy sauce, and ginger in a small bowl. Place chicken on large plate; spoon 2 tablespoons oil mixture over chicken, reserving the rest for the salad. Turn chicken to coat, and let stand 5 minutes.
3. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done, brushing with oil mixture from plate before turning. Slice chicken crosswise into strips.
4. Arrange greens, mango, and avocado on 4 serving plates. Arrange chicken over greens. Drizzle reserved dressing over salads.
Andrea''s Wine Pick: A California Fumd Blanc offers the perfect balance to complement the tangy dressing. Look for Dry Creek from California ($12) or Hogue from Washington ($8).--Andrea Immer Robinson
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This grilled chicken salad is the perfect quick and easy dinner choice for a busy weeknight. With less than 200 calories per serving, it''s a wonderfully refreshing and healthy meal.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast plus 2 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||185|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||203mg|
|Calcium per serving:||112mg|
Good to Know
Who says salads have to be boring? Dress up leafy greens, which are rich in folate and vitamin C, with protein-packed grilled chicken, antioxidant-rich mango and avocados, which are a great source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.