Scrambled Eggs With Smoked Salmon, Spinach, and Chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon, diced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (optional)
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine eggs and pepper in medium bowl; stir well with whisk. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook 30 seconds or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring slowly with wooden spoon.
2. Stir in salmon and cream cheese; cook 30 seconds, smashing cream cheese lumps with spoon. Stir in spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts and eggs are cooked, stirring constantly. Top each muffin half with 1/2 cup egg mixture. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 3g.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This filling breakfast of scrambled eggs, salmon, and spinach on whole wheat English muffins is quick, easy, and satisfying!
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup egg mixture over 1/2 toasted english muffin)
|Calories per serving:||210|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||15g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||190mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||613mg|
|Calcium per serving:||138mg|