Pumpernickel Toasts With Smoked Salmon and Horseradish Cream
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3 (1-ounce) slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Dill sprigs (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Combine mayonnaise, dill, and horseradish in a small bowl.
2. Cut each bread slice into 4 triangles. Layer each slice with 1/3 of the mayonnaise mixture, a few capers, 1 slice salmon, and dill sprig, if desired. Serve at room temperature with lemon wedges.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 0g.
Prep: 10 minutes. These make a light supper or elegant lunch entrée. Serve with a green salad tossed with sliced cucumber.
- Yield: 12 triangles (serving size: 3 triangles)
|Calories per serving:||100|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||681mg|
|Calcium per serving:||21mg|