Smoked Salmon and Farfalle in Lemon Cream Sauce
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large finely chopped shallots (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen peas
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
1. Cook pasta. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add wine; simmer 8 minutes or until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Add sour cream, stirring with whisk until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in peas and salmon.
3. Combine pasta and reserved cooking liquid with cream sauce. Stir in juice and tarragon. Let stand 3 minutes for pasta to absorb sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 7g.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This tasty dish features smoked salmon, pasta, and a lemon cream sauce made with reduced-fat sour cream. It's ready in 25 minutes, making it a great choice for weeknight dinners.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||534|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||80g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||22mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||994mg|
|Calcium per serving:||100mg|